The 2024 Special Service Awards Ceremony will be held at the SEMC Conference in Baton Rouge
The Lois Wyatt Bannon “Heart and Soul” Service Award recognizes an individual who has contributed significant time and expertise in support of a Louisiana institution, or institutions, enabling the institution(s) to prosper in the local community.
The Elizabeth McLundie Bolton Award recognizes an individual outside the museum profession for extraordinary achievement in service to and outstanding support of Louisiana museums, involving long-term commitment to them and participation in statewide museum activities.
Sadie Roberts-Joseph Excellence in Community Outreach Award recognizes an individual or an institution in Louisiana who has demonstrated outstanding work in the area of transformative educational programming that has positively affected the community.
Outstanding Corporate or Foundation Support Award recognizes a business or foundation that in the past year has demonstrated significant support for the programs, goals, and policies of a Louisiana museum or has made a significant contribution to a Louisiana museum in time, money, or ideas.
Public Official of the Year Award recognizes an elected or appointed official who has demonstrated special or sustained, significant support of Louisiana’s museums and historic sites.
Media Support Award recognizes a media professional or organization that has demonstrated special sensitivity to or support for a museum, museums, or an aspect of museum endeavor in Louisiana, creating heightened public awareness and understanding of Louisiana museums.
Emerging Museum Professional Award (< 5 Years of Service) recognizes professionals in the museum field with less than five years experience who have demonstrated excellence and leadership at their respective institution and within the museum profession. Requires a minimum of the last two years to be with a Louisiana institution.
Louisiana Museum Professional Award (Five to Twenty Years of Service) recognizes a Louisiana museum professional for commitment, exemplary and distinguished achievement, and professionalism.
Louisiana Museum Career Professional (Over Twenty Years of Service) recognizes a Louisiana museum employee for commitment, exemplary and distinguished achievement, professionalism, and sustained contribution to the museum field.
Museum of the Year Award recognizes a museum that embodies what museums are and what they do; a museum that has demonstrated commitment to its community through outstanding, professionally conceived, and executed programming.
Golden Key Award recognizes an organization for its continued support to the Louisiana Museum Community.
Special Service Award Nominations
DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS – August 15, 2024
Send completed proposal to
Jenny Dyer email@example.com
Eligibility and Criteria
1. Any individual or institutional member of LAM may submit one nominee in each category.
2. Regular, paid museum staff members are eligible only for the Louisiana Museum Professional Awards or Roberts-Joseph Award. No museum may nominate its own support group or membership organization. Trustees, volunteers, and corporate or foundation members are eligible.
3. Only one additional page of information will be accepted beyond the space provided in the nomination form.
4. The nominations must be e-mailed no later than August 15, 2024
5. Portions of the text of nominations may be used during the award ceremony and in news releases.
6. Award winners or their representatives must attend the awards presentation during LAM’s Awards Luncheon during the 2024 SEMC Conference in Baton Rouge.
7. The LAM Board Awards Committee will select all awards.
8. Not every category will be awarded every year.